Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hand foot and mouth disease

So these are the types of things you read about when you are pregnant and have a young child but never actually expect your child to get. We weren't completely positive at the doctor the other day but we are pretty sure now. His rash has gotten worse. He only has a few sores on his feet so far and I hope it doesn't spread any worse because I know he wont want to walk. For looking as bad as he does he is still pretty happy and good. I think overall he's feeling better with the exception of his throat. His mouth and throat are all full of sores so it's hard to eat and even drink sometimes. We took him out for ice cream tonight which he enjoyed. He just started getting itchy tonight so we added benadryl to the to his routine tonight. He's also taking motrin for pain. I'm impressed with him because he looks like he should be so uncomfortable yet he's still playing and being pretty good. So it isolation from other kids for the next few days for us. It stinks because he's been asking to see Sarah and he can't until he's better. I'm hoping he'll be better by the end of the week and we can get out of the house again. It stinks being couped up all the time. I wanted to let him swim in his kiddie pool today but then the storm started rolling in so I decided not to fill it up. This has been happening a lot lately and I feel bad. It would have been a nice day to go to the pool in my parents neighborhood but we couldn't take him being sick.

Oh enough complaining. I have a good little boy and I am so lucky for that. Dan and I actually stayed up late last night and rented a movie and it was so nice to have that time together. It's been a long time since we've sat and watched a movie together. We're usually in bed not long after Jacob anymore. Ok. I should go lay down because this baby seems to be complaining. I wish this pregnancy was less complicated. I'm learning the signals of when I need to get my feet up.

No comments: