Monday, December 17, 2007

Update

Everything went pretty well. Initially the surgery went really well and I was feeling pretty good. Saturday night things got a little bad but the doctor called in some medicine for me and my wonderful husband went to two different 24 hour pharmacies to get it for me. I woke him up around 5:00am in horrible pain and bleeding really bad. I'm glad the medicine worked and we didn't have to go to the hospital. Dan and I are working through all this and I think we are doing pretty well. We both know God is in control and everything is going to work out according to his plan.
We were able to spend a lot of time with family this weekend. Jacob loved that. I think he ate too much yesterday and then played way to hard. He vomited in his crib last night making a huge mess for me to wake up to this morning. Needless to say he got a bath first thing...and he was not happy about that at all. I then had to clean his room and wash everything in his crib. Including his 4 stuffed animals he can not sleep with out! 2 of them are still not dry because they had to be hand washed and air dried. He had trouble getting to sleep but he finally did and I think he'll sleep for a while. I need to stay off my feet for a few hours while he is asleep even though there is so much I need to do. I can feel the effected of this morning already. My body is less forgiving these days.
I have another appointment next week. This is when we'll find out how long we need to wait before trying again. We are not ready to start trying yet, but we definitely will in time. I think we were hoping for around the end of February or March sometime. We'll see how things go for that.
Jacob's new favorite thing in the car is to go up and down hills. He actually asks for them now. He'll say "Hills??" or "up or down, up or down!" He doesn't understand that we can't make them happen. It's so cute. He had so much fun with "guncle Ray" this weekend. He didn't want them to leave. He was asking for "guncle Ray" and "Aunt Me" this morning. I told him they'll be back next week but it's hard to him to understand that too. Poor kid.
I should probably go and put my feet up for a little while.

No comments: