Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is coming

I am finally getting into the Christmas spirit. It got a little delayed this year with all that has happened, but we're getting there. I spent some time yesterday making cookies and listening to Christmas music! That was a lot of fun, and very yummy! I have decided not to worry about loosing weight until after the holidays! Today I wrapped most of the presents. I still have Jacob's to do but I'd live to get different paper. I know he's too young still to make any connections with wrapping paper, but I still want to.

I wanted to share with you all something I have learned. God has taught me to really be thankful for what we have. Not that I wasn't thankful before, but I appreciate it even more now. I get much less stressed about little things and much less frustrated with Jacob when he doesn't listen. I've learned to pick my battles with him even better and I hug him every chance I can. I could never have gotten through all this with out him. I've also learned once again that God never gives us more than we can handle. I thought I couldn't never handle loosing a child. That was one of my biggest fears. God's getting us through it. I think I got a slight glimpse of what Mary may have felt. I'll never fully understand that but I have felt that pain of loss.

I have spent so much more time with family the past 3 weeks than I usually do. We always try to see them all when we can but we've made it more of a point to spend as much time with them as possible. We choose not to go to our companies Christmas parties, but instead we spent the weekend with my parents and brother and his fiance.

I don't remember is I shared this on here or not. Dan bought me an awesome necklace. It's two baby feet. They are the size of a 10 week old fetus. Our baby was around 10 weeks so they are about the same size and Jaidon's little feet. I wear it every day. It reminds me that he ( or she ) is with us always. And even though he ( or she ) is not here on earth with us he is still celebrating Christmas with us because he is in our hearts.

It's hard to believe that after Christmas and new years we have to start preparing for Jacob's second birthday! I need to get the invitations to his party so I can get them out in the beginning of January. I can't believe he is almost 2! Time has flown. He is really turning into a great kid too. He is so polite. He says please and thank you most of the time with out being told to. We're now working on excuse me. I am so excited to see his face on Christmas morning. He is getting so many great toys and I know he'll be excited. We are also teaching him the meaning of Christmas. He knows that it's about baby Jesus. That's about it though. We're working on it. I'm hoping we can get him to sit still and we'll read the Christmas story on Christmas eve.

Well I suppose I've rambled enough. If you're reading this thank you for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Cruz family!