Monday, September 8, 2008

Sprained Ankle

Poor Jacob fell in a hole walking around my parents backyard last night. He was limping quite a bit so we put some ice on it and had him rest the rest of the night. I also gave him motrin. Well today he's still sore and limping. It seems to be a mild sprain. He can still walk which I am glad about but it's hard to keep him off it. We called the doctor and they said we're doing the right thing and if it's not better in a few days to take him in to get it looked at. It's not swollen and he's walking ok so I think in another day or so he'll be fine. Sometimes it seems to hurt more than others and he wont really walk then and other times he seems to be able to run. Of course after running he sits and holds his foot telling me it hurts again. So I'm letting him watch cartoons so he'll sit still. He's even eating lunch on the couch so we can keep it elevated. He's getting the royal treatment today. I love that kid and I feel so bad that he's hurting. I had no idea a 2 year old could sprain their ankle. Luckily when they do it's almost always very mild.

As for me, I'm pretty swollen again. Not sure what's going on but I'm doing all I can today to try to get it to go down and if it's bad tomorrow again I'll have to call the doctor. This baby is really giving us some trouble. I'm sure it will all be worth it when we finally meet this little one. I'm in the home stretch of the pregnancy. We've made it to the third trimester! I started exercising again to help with some weight gain I was unhappy about. I know I have to gain weight but I think it was happening to quickly lately.

So here's my question for those who have been pregnant before....send me your healthy recipies and exercise tips to get through this third trimester with minimal weight gain. I've done pretty good with the weight gain until recently. I've cut out junk food, but my sweet tooth is driving me nuts....Help!

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No exercise tips, but one recipe for sweets that we like is for peanut butter balls. Its made with honey, so its still has sugar, but its just honey, peanut butter and almond meal. Tell me if you want the recipe.

Tamara said...

umm... you're supposed to gain the MOST weight during your last trimester - an average of about a pound a week. seriously. i've already packed on 30-some pounds and i'm only 30 weeks. my doctor isn't worried about it. i had a boss who gained 75 pounds with each of her kids (she had 3 - all single births - no multiples) and she did lose all the weight after each kid (eventually).... but we all gain differently. you have to stop looking at the scale!